People often ask whether or not a CNC router has the ability to cut the aluminum, the answer is yes, and it can definitely help in cutting aluminum. However, there are specific points that you would need to take care of because a CNC router can only cut through aluminum if you are doing it right. If you are in a hurry or forget to use a calculator while doing it, you are responsible for your yield’s ineffective results. The only price that you are likely to pay while using a CNC router for this purpose is that you will have to give it its time. A CNC router can’t speed things up. The experience would be time-taking as compared to hogging regular wing spars. It is important to note that by mentioning slowing down, we do not mean slowing down the things; we mean that the overall material removal rate would be slow, and the end product would take time to yield. The following are some of the precautions that can definitely help you in this regard:
- You will find almost every aluminum composite panel supplier advising you to keep things slow. No one is there to take care of it if you are in a hurry.
- Always use a feed to speed calculator to know what limit you can reach.
- Use carbide endmills to this process. You would have to ensure that you are using the right router as not every router is made to cut aluminum.
- You can be as paranoid as you want to be but always use smaller diameters for cutting purposes. Taking bits by bits would help in yielding out perfection.
- We emphasize keeping it slow, but you need to find an optimal speed rate as you do not want to end up too dead. A quick tip: use a mist to lubricate the products.